How to find us
The National Theatre is located in the 9th District, between the Danube and Soroksári Street, at the Pest side of the Rákóczi Bridge. The main entrance of the building overlooks the Gellért Hill.
Our address: 1095 Budapest, Bajor Gizi park 1.
Phone: +361 476-6800
GPS coordinates: 47.4735 / 19.0701
- By tram
Take tram 2 bound to Jászai Mari tér or Vágóhíd, or tram 24 from Baross Square and get off at the Müpa – Nemzeti Színház stop at Vágóhíd Street. Alternatively, take tram 1 from Bécsi Street and get off at Lágymányosi Bridge.
- By HÉV (local train) or by bus
Get off at Müpa – Nemzeti Színház stop
Use the Csepeli HÉV train or get on bus 23, red 23 or 54, and get off at the indicated stops, which are within walking distance from the building.
- By boat
Use southbound boat line D11 or D12 operated by the Centre for Budapest Transport (BKK) and get off at the last station (Müpa – Nemzeti Színház).
- By MOL Bubi bike
The National Theatre and its surroundings are easily accessible by the public bike-sharing system. The bike rental/docking station is located between the HÉV stop and the MÜPA, towards the Danube.
- By car & parking
Our guests may use the enclosed open-air parking lot next to the Palace of Arts.
- The parking lot opens one hour before the show starts.
- The parking lot can be accessed via the service road running along Soroksári Street.
- Parking is free for ticket holders.
- Please hold on to your ticket as it is checked when leaving the parking lot.
- Without a valid ticket for the day, a parking fee of HUF 500 must be paid.
- The parking lot closes one hour after the show ends.
- Exiting the parking lot after closing time requires the payment of an extra fee.